Jane Austen Quotes

All taken from the set of Jane Austen postcards I purchased to send to my friends.

"Which of all my important nothings shall I tell you first?"  Letter from April 1, 1816. [Fits how I often feel when I sit to write a letter.]

"We all have our best guides within us, if only we would listen."  Mansfield Park

"I do not want people to be very agreeable, as it saves me the trouble of liking them a great deal."  Letter from December 24, 1798.  [LOL]

"Let other pens dwell on guilt and misery."  Mansfield Park

"Pictures of perfection, as you know, make me sick and wicked."  Letter from March 23, 1817.

"Wisdom is better than wit, and in the long run will certainly have the laugh on her side."  Letter from November 18, 1814.

"There are as many forms of love as there are moments in time."  Letter from January 24, 1809.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures