RIP, Prince

RIP, Prince.  Thank you for being unapologetically you, a fantastic musician, honest about coming from a difficult family background, faithful to Minnesota, and sexy in purple.

Quotes:

"Every day I feel is a blessing from God.  And I consider it a new beginning.  Yeah, everything is beautiful."

"A strong spirit transcends rules."

"Despite everything, no one can dictate who you are to other people."

"There's a dark side to everything."

"There are people who are unhappy with everything."

"I have a writing addiction."

"I don't talk about the past."

"I like arguments."

"When I want to hear good music, I write it myself."



My favorite of his songs:

Darling Nikki

When Doves Cry

Purple Rain

I Would Die 4 U

Raspberry Beret



My favorite songs written or co-written by him and performed by others:

The Glamorous Life (performed by Sheila E.)

Jungle Love (performed by The Time)

I Feel for You (performed by Chaka Khan)

Stand Back (performed by Stevie Nicks)

Manic Monday (performed by The Bangles)

Nothing Compares to You (performed by Sinead O'Connor)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!