Current Little Pleasures

Just like I expected, Maya screamed when opening her Taylor Swift concert tickets on Christmas.  

Spending a couple of days, Friday through yesterday, at my sister's house in my hometown.  Cherokee, Iowa, is a three-hour drive from our home in Lincoln.  My sister always goes all-out for the holidays, so we enjoyed not only our time with my sister and niece, but also her beautiful decorations and a traditional Christmas turkey dinner.  The traditional dinner, albeit a day late, even came with a snowfall befitting Irving Berlin and Bing Crosby's White Christmas.

My niece is spending her spring break in Florence, Italy, as part of a college course.  How do I manage to fit in her luggage?  That's my top destination for places I haven't visited and want to see.  Guess I'll have to settle for living vicariously!

The blog Life on a Small Island.  The blogger lives on Graemsay, a Scottish island with a population of about 27.  Gorgeous photos and interesting blog posts.

I finally saw, and really enjoyed, the movie Nebraska.  Kind of dark, in a very realistic way, yet also hilarious in spots.

Hope you're finding lots to appreciate in your life right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!