Happy (American) Thanksgiving!

“Develop an attitude of gratitude, and give thanks for everything that happens to you, knowing that every step forward is a step toward achieving something bigger and better than your current situation.”  ~~Brian Tracy

“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”  ~~Oprah Winfrey

"If you think Independence Day is America's defining holiday, think again. Thanksgiving deserves that title, hands-down."  ~~Tony Snow

"When we focus on our gratitude, the tide of disappointment goes out and the tide of love washes in."  ~~Kristin Armstrong

"No one who achieves success does so without acknowledging the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude."  ~~Alfred North Whitehead

"My restaurants are never opened on Thanksgiving; I want my staff to spend time with their family if they can. My feeling is, if I can't figure out how to make money the rest of the year so that my workers can enjoy the holidays, then I don't deserve to be an owner."  ~~Michael Symon

"Gratitude is when memory is stored in the heart and not in the mind."  ~~Lionel Hampton

"'Thank you' is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding."  ~~Alice Walker

"It's like being at the kids' table at Thanksgiving--you can put your elbows on it, you don't have to talk politics. . . no matter how old I get, there's always a part of me that's sitting there."  ~~John Hughes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!