December 29, 2012

While the Cat is Away

Maya and my mom spent a few days in Iowa with my sister and her "kids."  My nephew, Andrew, and niece, Liz, are 24 and 20, respectively, so not such "kids" these days.  They're the perfect ages to completely spoil Maya, though.

While the cat was away, the mice did play.

Besides going out with my best friend a couple of times, I also had a date night with Herb on Wednesday.


We ventured through the icy streets to the lovely Historic Haymarket, just off downtown Lincoln.

All for the chance to savor the delights at my former favorite restaurant, Vincenzo's Ristorante.  Honestly, recent visits have been disappointing, so I'm on the lookout for a new favorite restaurant.
It's always nice to have a chance for some "adult time," though I'm glad to have Maya back at home now.  I miss my girl when she's gone!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

It is nice to have some adult time! Me and my husband had a 30 minute date the other day when no one wanted to go out for a hamburger :)

Jessica Nelson said...

Fun, fun!! I'm working on your letter btw! :D