November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

"We can only said to be alive in those moments when our hearts are conscious of our treasures."  ~~Thornton Wilder

"Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough."
~~Oprah Winfrey

"We often take for granted the very things that most deserve our gratitude."
~~Cynthia Ozick

"Do not take anything for granted--not one smile or one person or one rainbow or one breath or one night in your cozy bed."
~~Terri Guillemets

"In this world of sin and sorrow, there is always something to be thankful for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican."
~~H.L. Mencken

"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it."
~~William Arthur Ward

"I still miss those I loved who are no longer with me, but I find I am grateful for having loved them. The gratitude has finally conquered the loss."
~~Rita Mae Brown

"Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some."
~~Charles Dickens



No comments: