This and That


This is the way Maya really looked on the first day of school.  She managed to get her feather earrings to Grandma's house, where she spends the time between when I go to work and school starts, and then she wore them to school.  The ornery child knew I didn't want her to wear those earrings in case she had physical education the first day, and, sure enough, she did have PE!  I guess she survived without having her ear torn, though, so I can't complain too much.

Maya and I are missing the summer Olympics.  Well, I'm missing the Olympics, and Maya's missing seeing London on television every night.  I think going to London almost outranks going to Disney World for Maya now.

For now, Maya's travel plan is the Albuquerque International Balloon Fiesta, the "most photographed event in the USA," with my mom and my sister from Iowa in October.  My other sister and her family live in New Mexico, so Maya gets the bonus luck of seeing the hot-air balloon festival while having a chance to see two of her cousins.  Plus miss three days of school without being sick.  What's not to like, right?

How's everything going with you as August winds down?  Do you have any travel plans for the rest of the year?  What else is new?

Comments

Claudia said…
Girls love feathers don't they?? I myself don't think I can sport feathers on earrings or hair but Sophia ceratainly does!! lol! Hugs friend!
clcdark said…
Enjoyed the feather/back to school phots& story. Also liked the feedback on Maeve Binchy.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!