This and That

This is a photo of the entry for Maya's church taken during last Saturday's choir practice.  Despite having my share of issues with organized religion, I really like the saying above the door:  "Come unto Me all ye that labor and are heavy laden and I will give you rest."

Do any of you have an interest in the Titantic, sunk 100 years ago this week (April 15, 1912)?  A librarian at Southeastern Oklahoma State University created a wonderful site due to his interest in the subject.  Plan to get lost there for a bit if you decide to take a look.

I saw blog postings in the past at Lucas Writes, Save Snail Mail (Dana), and Confessions of a Pen Thief (Misty) about FRCS (Foxborough Regioinal Charter School) Holocaust Stamp Project, and I decided to have my first mention on this blog today to coincide with Holocaust Remembrance Day.  The students hope to collect 11 million cancelled stamps to create 18 mosaics in honor of those who died during the Holocaust.  Please check their site for more information, including the address for sending stamps.

What's new with you this week?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!