The Vow

Maya and I went to the movie of her choice, The Vow, yesterday. I went along grudgingly and came away pleasantly surprised.

Leo (Channing Tatum) and Paige (Rachel McAdams) have their lives thrown into a spin after a car accident on a snowy Chicago night. (A good opportunity for me to remind Maya never to take off her seat belt.) When Paige wakens from her medically-induced coma, she has no memory of the previous five years of her life, including everything about her relationship and marriage to Leo. In reality, she's a young sculptor living in the city and very much in love with her husband, who owns a small recording studio. In her mind, she's still a student in law school and engaged to someone else.

There aren't any huge developments in this movie, and the story rests on the really nice chemistry between McAdams and Tatum. I also enjoyed seeing Jessica Lange as Paige's mom and Scott Speedman (I love the t.v. series Felicity) as Paige's ex-fiance. Very pleasant way to spend part of an afternoon, though Maya ranked the movie as "terrible because it's so sad."

If you've seen The Vow, what did you think?

Comments

Claudia said…
I haven't seen it but I plan to. Maya's comment about the movie is funny.
sapphireblue said…
I want to see that movie.
Amy said…
I haven't seen it, but would like to. Especially after reading your thoughts on it. Thanks for the review.:-)

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures