Read Across America Day

March 2, Dr. Seuss' birthday, is the National Education Association's Read Across America Day. Maya's school held a book parade in the morning followed by a stop, drop, and read session in each classroom. Maya and two of her classmates read to Herb, and my mom stayed long enough to see the kids parade through the halls. I had to work.

Children had the option of dressing as a favorite book character. Maya mentioned seeing the Incredible Hulk, Fancy Nancy, Scooby-Doo, and Superman. She went as Cleopatra.

Hope you had a chance to read yesterday!

Comments

GotThatSwing said…
I read every day, let it be even only few sentences if I'm too tired for more. I think it's great that you inculcate your love to books to your daughter:) Life is much richer with books.
Claudia said…
We read! Xavi is practicing his reading everyday...I am impressed he is doing really good.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!