Existence by Abbi Glines

I'm getting old. How do I know? I was rooting for the wrong guy in Abbi Glines' Existence (2011), even while knowing Pagan would pick the other one.

Who is Pagan? A pretty in the smart girl kind of way high school senior with the ability to see dead people. She sees the spirits, but they don't talk to her. Not until she sees Dank on the first day of school, anyway.

Who is Dank? Let's just say there's a reason he can talk to her when other spirits haven't that I don't want to reveal, and he's also able to assume a human form, eventually attending Pagan's school and singing in a popular group. He's sexy, mysterious, and fights acting on his attraction to Pagan.

Who is Leif? The star quarterback with a learning disability who Pagan goes from despising to liking when she tutors him. He's handsome, charming, and very into Pagan.

I really enjoyed this book, especially Pagan's character, right up until the last line. There's a sequel coming at some point, and the ending is very, very abrupt. Seems someone isn't exactly what he appears to be. . . . I can't wait to read the next book.

My overall personal rating of Existence is a B+.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures