This and That

We went from this on Saturday, when Maya had a stomach virus. . .


. . .to this on Sunday, when she already felt 100% fine.

The worst part of being sick for Maya involved missing practice for her Christmas music program, Saturday lunch out, and, worst of all, her friend's birthday party.

We did go to Olive Garden for lunch on Sunday instead, and Herb and Maya spent Sunday evening at Skate Zone's family night. She's already asking when they can go skating again.

While they skated, I had the chance to watch three episodes of The Walking Dead. Love that t.v. series, though I don't watch when Maya's home due to the content. Fighting off zombies is pretty violent. Anyone else enjoying that series?

Now I'm trying to get the house ready for Thanksgiving. We'll invite my mom to lunch on Thanksgiving Day (November 24 this year), and then my sister and niece plan to visit from Iowa the following day. Although they always stay at Mom's house, I'm sure my niece will find her way to our house to visit Allie and Muffin.

How was your weekend, and do you have special plans for Thanksgiving if you're in the United States?

Comments

Claudia said…
I got your letter yesterday, I will write soon. It's amazing how kids can recover and jump again in no time.

Zombie movie always sound great for my husband! :/
I know what you mean about the amazing recovery; I wish I had Maya's bounce-back. :)

Glad the letter arrived safely (and quickly).

If he hasn't seen The Walking Dead yet, the second season is on AMC now. I love it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures