This and That

At the risk of sounding unstable, never mind on the interview. After talking more with Herb and giving the job a lot of consideration over the weekend, I decided not to waste their time and mine on the all-day interview.

For now, I'm just going to concentrate on going back to school instead of trying to go back to school, potentially starting a new job, and potentially having either an unpleasant daily commute or facing the prospect of selling our home and finding a new one in Omaha. The timing is just off for that much change all at once in our lives. If the change only impacted me, instead of my husband, my daughter, and my mom, I might have gone ahead with the interview and hoped for a job offer.

Maya and I also have a nasty cold right now. She's doing pretty well, except the coughing starts when she needs to be sleeping. That means we're all awake, and I'm dragging during the day. She even complained this morning, "I kept having to call you twice [when wakening in the night]. Weren't you listening?" Trying to sleep, honey, trying to sleep. So far, Herb's healthy, but tired.

We need to get well because Maya has a big weekend planned. We have a trip to a local nature center with her Brownie troop, a visit to a pumpkin patch, and the Monday trick-or-treating to look forward to.

Hope you're having a great week, and a wonderful last few days of October!

Comments

sapphireblue said…
Those career decisions are so difficult.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!