Carnival--August 27, 2011

Maya and I had a fantastic time at the carnival at our local mall on Saturday evening. Perfect weather (not too hot, not too cold, not too windy--those evenings are rare in Nebraska), possibly the best funnel cake I've ever eaten, and lots of rides for a bargain price of $15 for the unlimited rides wrist band.

I always loved the Tilt-a-Whirl as a kid, and Maya went on this one at least five times.
Maya just starting the slow ascent before the quick drop of the Super Shot. As the guy waiting to go on the Super Shot on the next round said to me, "She did not like that AT ALL." Wish I had video footage of her reaction because she looked completely shocked, even after watching others on the ride before deciding she definitely wanted to go!
A view of the Midway, showing the height of the Super Shot.
Maya just getting started on her favorite part of the night, bouncing on the special trampoline. The attraction, which was supposed to last for five minutes for $7, lasted for at least 30 minutes.

This night counts as one of those "magical moments of childhood" memories with Maya for me.

Comments

Claire said…
fun! i love carnivals, but i cant do any of those rides that make my stomach lurch lol
Claudia said…
$15 unlimited rides...that is great! I love carnivals but hate all the money spent there! I hate spending money :/

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures