USPS

The Postal Service has been imploring Congress to act for years. If the status quo continues, Postmaster General Patrick R. Donahoe said Wednesday, mail delivery could be cut back to three days a week within 20 years.

According to the same article in yesterday's edition of The New York Times I quoted above, the USPS is expected to lose $8 billion again this year, just as happened last year.

I've been in a personal mail slump recently, as those of you who receive letters and postcards from me already noticed. Besides letting down my friends, I'm not taking full advantage of a wonderful system that may not be here in a recognizable form soon.

Instead of "eat, drink, and be merry," I'm thinking "reach out, write, and write yet more" is my motto of the moment. Want to join me?

Comments

Claudia said…
Yes, shall write, write too! :)
sapphireblue said…
I'm writing some letters as soon as I catch up with my blog.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!