The Truth about Vampires by Theresa Meyers

[Full disclosure: I'm a member of the Harlequin Readers' Panel, meaning I receive free books and participate in surveys for Harlequin every so often. This particular book is from the Harlequin Nocturne line, and I paid for my copy.]

Theresa Meyers' first installment in her Sons of Midnight series, The Truth about Vampires (2011), is a satisfying read.

Kristin Reed is a Seattle reporter in the midst of writing a Pulitzer-worthy (she hopes) series about how vampires happen to be real. Dmitri Dionotte is the second-in-command, or trejan, for his clan, and he's tasked with making sure Kristin reveals just the right amount of information to allow humans to feel comfortable about vampires walking among them.

Throw in a group of rogue vampires who aren't exactly thrilled about humans knowing they exist and human fear and paranoia, and you have a little mystery/intriuge to go with your vampire-human romance.

I felt a little wishy-washy about Kristin, though I loved Dmitri immediately.

I enjoyed the book enough that I plan to read the next book in the series, The Vampire Who Loved Me, soon.

My overall personal rating of The Truth about Vampires is a B-.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!