This and That


This lovely letter is from my new pen pal, Joel, who is 4 1/2 years old and lives in an orphanage in Bolivia. We exchange letters and photos by e-mail, and I can't begin to tell you how much I enjoy his comments and drawings. (Let me know if you're interested in having a young pen pal of your own at the orphanage, and I'll give you the contact information. This being a small world filled with coincidences, the contact woman in Bolivia was actually born and raised in Omaha.)

I know I'm starting to sound like an Omaha flooding infomercial, but I have a great link my cousin sent to share with you. Professional photographer Rick Anderson put together a great file of photos. [Update--Okay, my link doesn't work, and I can't find those particular photos online. E-mail me at Choco223@aol.com if you want to see the PDF.] (He also has some drool-worthy photography at Rick Anderson Gallery.) When we travel to my hometown in Iowa to visit my sister and her children, we cross the Missouri River at the Mormon Bridge on I-680 and also travel north on I-29. Seeing these areas I know so well under water is heartbreaking.

I'm buying a lottery ticket tonight. Why? I only needed a filling for what looked like a crater to me in my back tooth. No root canal, no crown, and a lot less money out of my pocket than I feared. Plus, I actually almost fell asleep in the chair, so I can't even complain about pain.

Great start to my day. Hope you're also having a great day!

Comments

Claudia said…
When I was single I sponsored a child thru World Vision in Ecuador...that little drawing brought tears to my eyes, me and Sophia would be interested in having a young penpal. We'd appreciate the contact info Maria!

SO glad to hear the news about your dentist Visit! ;) but your ticket
sapphireblue said…
That's such a sweet letter!!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!