Nebraska Wildlife Safari Park, Part 1

Herb, Maya, and I spent a fun afternoon at Nebraska Wildlife Safari Park, exit 426 off of I-80 between Lincoln and Omaha, on Sunday. I highly recommend visiting. You drive your own car through the park, and there's also a hiking opportunity at about midway into the drive.

This antelope came within touching (which we would never do with a wild animal) distance of us in the car, while still completely ignoring us.

These foxes look so cuddly.

Herd of elk.

Maya by the Native American Tribal Beliefs sign during our hike.


I'll post more photos tomorrow.

Comments

Keli said…
Sounds and looks like you had a wonderful weekend. Will look forward to more pictures tomorrow!
Claudia said…
It is great that you can drive your own car in the park! Great pictures!
Claire said…
ive never been anywhere like this, looks great x
sapphireblue said…
That's very cool!
GotThatSwing said…
That's so cool you could see all these animals and they're not scared of people. I visit a National Park in Poland sometimes but never can spot any animals (besides maybe a viper that I once met:P), they're all pretty skittish.
The huge dreamcatcher is amazing!
Leesh said…
I received your package yesterday for the Summer Must Haves swap. Thank you very much. I love the bookmarks, I have never seen anything like it.

I hope you get the package I sent soon (I was a little late in sending it - sorry).

http://blarkness.blogspot.com/2011/06/goodies-from-summer-must-haves-swap.html
Love the pictures, it looks like a great time.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!