This and That

I want to direct you to this post about Greg Mortenson at the One Tiny Starfish blog. Her posts are always insightful, and this one is especially important because she has the perspective of also being very involved in the world of NGOs.

While you're visiting One Tiny Starfish, look around her blog. Nikki has a lot going on that involves providing a better future for children around the world.

Maya and my mom head to Iowa this afternoon to spend a few days with my niece. My sisters are meeting in Las Vegas for a long holiday weekend. Sounds fun, doesn't it?

I hope I'm not making my "to do" list for the weekend too long. I'm taking tomorrow off from work, so I'll have at least two-and-a-half full days to accomplish something before Maya and Mom return on Sunday afternoon. Part of my list is fun--dinner with one friend, coffee with another friend, Target, post office to mail packages, catch up on writing to my pen pals--and part is not exactly my idea of fun--sort through Maya's books for items to donate, wash the curtains and windows, and other joyous household activities.

What are your plans for the weekend?

Comments

sapphireblue said…
Going with daughter to school field trip tomorrow to see "African Cats". Can't wait!
Claudia said…
Have a Great weekend...ours will be the usual we'll go to San Diego Friday afternoon and come back on Saturday afternoon.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures