Stamps


The Missive Maven posted on her blog about this cool new Patriotic Quill and Inkwell stamp. [If you're interested in finding a comprehensive blog about letter writing, her blog is the one to visit.] How perfect for sending mail to "my" soldier pen pals, right? Well, you can only get them in coils of 3,000 ($1320) or 10,000 ($4400) at the post office. Stamps or mortgage and food for the month? Yeah, the stamps lose.

Fortunately, you can also order them from USA Philatelic here in strips of 25 for $11. I don't think we'll get into how many strips I ordered, but I can assure you I didn't hit the $1320 mark!

Also, don't forget that, while the price of first-class domestic letters remains unchanged (44 cents), along with the rate for international first-class letters and postcards (98 cents), these important new postal rates go into effect in the U.S. as of April 17, 2011:

Domestic postcard--29 cents [up 1 cent]
Canada (postcard and first-class letter up to 1 oz)--80 cents [up 5 cents]
Mexico (postcard and first-class letter up to 1 oz)--80 cents [up 1 cent]

I'll leave you with the image of the new 29-cent postcard stamps.

Comments

sapphireblue said…
I read somewhere that all first class stamps are going to be forever stamps. I'm not sure when that's supposed to start.

It is a beautiful stamp.
I'll be sure to use one of the stamps on a letter to you!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!