This and That

From Gadgets You Should Get Rid Of (or Not) in the New York Times:

BOOKS Keep them (with one exception). Yes, e-readers are amazing, and yes, they will probably become a more dominant reading platform over time, but consider this about a book: It has a terrific, high-resolution display. It is pretty durable; you could get it a little wet and all would not be lost. It has tremendous battery life. It is often inexpensive enough that, if you misplaced it, you would not be too upset. You can even borrow them free at sites called libraries.

Interesting take here from Penelope Trunk about the book she's self-publishing. I'll note that having a very successful blog, as she certainly does, is a big headstart in the self-publishing world, though I definitely don't agree with her comment, If your content is not interesting enough to build up a blog readership, it’s probably not interesting enough to sell books.

I'm still dreaming of getting published one day, and I need to get moving on working to make that a reality. Fear of rejection is a big issue for me.

What's new with you today?

Comments

Claudia said…
New??...nothing much Maria! I just cleaned the bathrooms and colored my roots today...

question: I was wondering if you got my letter? Good day!
StephanieD said…
I agree with your disagreement of Penelope's comment. Blogging and writing books are two very different animals. A lot of wildly entertaining blogs which have go on to get book deals haven't been that successful in that medium.
@Claudia--Yes, I received (and very much enjoyed) your letter. Thanks for writing!!

@StephanieD--I can't always tell with Penelope's blog postings when she's being sincere or when she's looking to generate controversy/blog hits and comments. I definitely think she was off-target with that comment, though.
sapphireblue said…
You'll get published. Keep at it.
Thanks, sapphireblue!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures