My Book Boyfriend(s)

Missie over at The Unread Reader, a really fun book blog that just reached 1,000 followers (!!), is inviting other bloggers to share a book boyfriend in this post.

Not too surprisingly, I'm going to be greedy and select two boyfriends.


Kind of a traditional choice, but I love, love, love Mr. Darcy from Pride & Prejudice in the book and as portrayed by Colin Firth. Jennifer Ehle is also my favorite portrayal of Elizabeth Bennet, and I think part of the appeal from the mini-series is the way they interact.

What's not to like about a man willing to anonymously help his beloved? And, despite Elizabeth's taking offense, I actually find it rather charming that he loved her in spite of thinking he shouldn't.


On a more contemporary level, I choose Zsadist from J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood series.

Oh, yes--a dark, dangerous bad boy who is really a lonely, hurt, misunderstood man in need of the right woman. Sign me up!

Who is your choice for your book boyfriend?

Comments

Missie said…
How much do I love Z?! He is crazy and a bit scary, but under all that hurt is a really big heart. I just LOVE him.

And of course I love the BBC version of P&P and CF is so handsome, I also like the remake too.
Nina said…
Hey, thanks for your comment on my blog! I am very happy I have found your book blog! I am a real bookworm as well - and loved Lover Awakened from J.R. Ward a lot as well. :D
Tevya said…
Mmm...I love Zsadist! I'm a V girl myself, but Z is definitely a vamp to love!

I'm a new follower.

Reading Lark's Book Boyfriend
StephanieD said…
Zsadist? Well, with a name like that he's gotta be bad, right?

I believe Mr. Darcy is quite a few readers' book boyfriend...mmm...
Wanda said…
Card received today, loved it and contents! Watch your mailbox, mine soon on the way! Have a great day!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures