How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation by Simone Elkeles


How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation (2009) is the third book, following How to Ruin a Summer Vacation and How to Ruin My Teenage Life, by Simone Elkeles.

Amy Nelson-Barak heads back to Israel for a two-week military training course, sort of a taste of the mandatory post-high school military service for Israelis. And the thought of spending some time with IDF (Israeli Defense Force) boyfriend Avi provides more than a little motivation for the trip. Since the course of true love never did run smooth, especially not for Amy and Avi, they spend most of the book at odds, though.

I absolutely love Amy, including her insecurities, klutziness (verbal and physical), and overall snarkiness, so I really enjoyed this entire series. Can I hope for a fourth book?

Since Elkeles' other books are so popular, especially Perfect Chemistry, I'll just note that I wouldn't guess this series was written by the same author if I didn't know. The books about Amy and Avi are much lighter, somehow, even when dealing with issues like Amy's illegitimacy and cultural clash.

My overall personal rating of How to Ruin Your Boyfriend's Reputation is a B.

Comments

Claudia said…
Hi Maria! Would I be able to find these books at a local library?
Hi, Claudia! I checked your library's online catalog, and they don't have this series. They have her much more popular Perfect Chemistry and its sequel, Rules of Attraction, though.

If I can track down what I did with the other two books, I'll mail the series to you!
StephanieD said…
I love the idea of learning more about girls in the Israeli Defense Force, which seems incongruous with a light romance-type book.
Claudia said…
Oh my! Thank you!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!