Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick's Rules

Getting Maya's hair braided is a bit of a torture session for everyone involved. I promised we could see the movie of her choice yesterday to reward her for Saturday's braiding session. Of course, she chose the movie I dreaded seeing, Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2: Rodrick's Rules. The first movie seemed to last forever and easily ranks as one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

Imagine my surprise that Maya and I both really enjoyed this second movie. We laughed often--Maya to the point that she had giggle fits at times. I can't really ask for more in a kids' movie.

Basically, the movie revolves around family relationships, especially as seen by the middle child of three boys, friendship, and crushes. Pretty typical seventh-grade themes.

Have you seen this movie? If so, what did you think?

Comments

sapphireblue said…
I didn't see the second one, but my daughter didn't like the first one. She said it was too gross.
I agree with her about the first! I was really amazed at how much better (and nicer) the second movie is, though there are still a couple of gross parts. LOL

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!