Religulous


Another "catch up" movie I saw during our free preview weekend is Religulous (like Ridiculous) (2008), Bill Maher's take on the cost, so to speak, of religion.

Since we no longer get HBO, I've missed watching Maher's show, so I really enjoyed the chance to see him again. I always appreciate his snarky wit, and he certainly makes a point of talking with interesting people for this movie.

Maher does make some valid points about organized religion in an entertaining manner while traveling the world to film this movie. I looked into a couple of points he made that seemed a bit far-fetched and over-the-top, thinking he might be exaggerating to make his point, and they're actually true.

If you're deeply religious and easily offended, you probably don't want to waste your time on this film. Unless, maybe, you struggle with low blood pressure and need some help getting to a higher number. If you're an atheist or someone who enjoys Maher's style, this movie is definitely a good way to spend your time.

Have you already watched Religulous? What did you think?

Comments

sapphireblue said…
We canceled HBO as well, and I really miss his show, especially, "New Rules". I look forward to watching this movie.
StephanieD said…
"Unless, maybe, you struggle with low blood pressure and need some help getting to a higher number." Haha! I'll keep that in mind :)

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!