This and That

Anyone joining any reading challenges for 2011 yet? Violet Crush has an East and SouthEast Asia challenge I joined. She always reads such interesting books, and I think this challenge will expand my reading horizons and knowledge base considerably.

Has anyone been using Google eBooks yet? You can purchase directly from Google eBookstore or from a number of independent bookstores, including Powell's Books. IndieBound has a (U.S.) listing by state of independent bookstores participating on their home page right now.

Interesting article, Mick without Moss, in The New York Times T Magazine about Mick Jagger. Quote from Mick in indirect reference, which is all that's found in this public forum, to Keith Richards' comments about him in Life:

“Personally,” he says, closing his eyes and pressing his hand to his chest, “I think it’s really quite tedious raking over the past. Mostly, people only do it for the money.”

For someone who knows the words to exactly (and only) two of their songs, I'm getting more and more interested in the Rolling Stones these days.

Comments

sapphireblue said…
I look at the computer screen all day, I just can't take looking at the screen some more. I'm still holding out. I'm sticking with paper and books on cd.
I've never gotten into the audiobooks, but I was really surprised that I enjoy ebooks just as much as physical books.

I'm still holding out on "real mail" being much better than e-mail, though!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures