Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian


Still making progress on my TBR pile, including Midnight Awakening by Lara Adrian (2007), from the Midnight Breed series.

This entry features my favorite of the Order warriors, Tegan, who has lived 500 long years since the death of his Breedmate. Enter Elise Chase, widow of a Breed law-enforcement officer and seeking revenge for the recent loss of her teenage son.

Although they have their reasons for not wanting to be together, Tegan and Elise's personal histories and complementary strengths make them a good match. Adrian does a nice job of slowly, by paranormal romance standards, bringing them together, creating an interesting read.

This third entry in the Midnight Breed series, when considered with the more recent additions to the series, provides more support for my theory about the first three books in a series being the best. I'm definitely not a fan of the current trend in, especially, paranormal romance to run to lengthy series, like J.R. Ward's Black Dagger Brotherhood, which happens to be very like the Midnight Breed series, and Gena Showalter's Lords of the Underworld. I'm voting for writing a trilogy and moving forward with other concepts instead.

What do you think?

My overall personal rating of Midnight Awakening is a B+.

Comments

StephanieD said…
There are some stories I never want to end, but at the same time I know that to remain fresh, they should end at some point. What's up with the never ending series so prevalent these days?

Happy New Year, Maria!
AmandaRose said…
Hey, thought you might be interested in a book giveaway that I'm having on my blog. Check it out at amandarosetew.blogspot.com

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!