Happy Half-Birthday to Maya!

Maya turned 6 1/2 today. I remember how important half-birthdays were when I was a kid, and, true to form, Maya has been counting down to hers for about the past month.

We plan dinner out somewhere tonight to celebrate. I can't say where because Maya has been too excited to pick a restaurant so far!

Maya's so excited, in fact, that she decided her gingerbread house decorating party on Saturday is actually a half-birthday party. Works for me! I did warn her that she won't be receiving any birthday gifts, though. . . .

Sigh. I love birthdays, and I'm glad Maya does, too.

Comments

StephanieD said…
Oh, I love the idea of half-birthday celebrations! ...As long as it doesn't make me older faster, that is.

Happy half-birthday, Maya!
sapphireblue said…
It reminds me of the "Merry Unbirthday" on Alice in Wonderland the Disney cartoon.
Violet said…
A half birthday celebration sounds really cool.

Happy half-birthday to you Maya, have fun!!!
Claudia said…
The half Birthday Celebration does sound fun...a whole year it's too long to wait for kids...I'll be forty next September maybe I should celebrate mine every two years now! lol! Just to slow the process...

Happy half Birthday to Maya!
Happy Half Birthday to Maya from the folks at Halfbirthday.com!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!