Red


My husband and I went to see Red, a movie with an all-star cast, including Bruce Willis, Mary-Louise Parker, Helen Mirren, Morgan Freeman, and John Malkovich. Although not one of my all-time favorite movies, I did enjoy the combination of comedy, action, and a little bit of romance. We were entertained, and that's good enough.

My favorite part? [This is at the beginning and not a spoiler.] Frank Moses (Bruce Willis) develops a crush on a woman (Mary-Louise Parker) he only knows from talking to her on the phone. He goes so far as to ask her what she's reading, and then he goes to read the same books. And we're talking, these are supposed to be Harlequins, though they don't use the brand name in the movie. Sniff. Isn't that romantic?

I gave my husband a significant look, and he leaned over to whisper, "Yeah, but how many times did he sit through that stupid miniseries [Pride & Prejudice with Jennifer Ehle and Colin Firth]?" Hmmm--point taken.

Comments

sapphireblue said…
I still kinda want to see it.
We did enjoy the movie. I hope you go, and let me know what you think!
StephanieD said…
I think reading the same books as the one you love is reading is utterly romantic - but then so is sitting through P&P miniseries 5. He's a keeper!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!