Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love edited by Trisha Telep


Kiss Me Deadly: 13 Tales of Paranormal Love edited by Trisha Telep (2010) contains short stories about various kinds of love, not necessarily--or even usually--of the romantic variety.

As with most anthologies, I had my favorites and also those I didn't really like.

My absolute favorite is by a new-to-me author, Daniel Waters, who writes the Generation Dead books. His story explores what happens when some, not all, children who die come back as zombies within a seven-day post-death period. No one understands why, or even how to tell which children will return, albeit as very different, and which won't. What happens as a father waits to see whether his daughter returns to life after a car crash that kills several teenagers? And what does he do in honor of his daughter and the love he felt for her?

I think this is a "definitely read" for all paranormal fans who enjoy the short story format, though not something I'd suggest to someone focused no paranormal romance.

My overall personal rating of Kiss Me Deadly is a B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!