This and That


"If I don't look at Mom, she'll never notice that I'm on Muffin's new bed. Really, if I can't see Mom, she can't see me!"

I'm a little late with posting this, but here are the 2010 RITA winners from the Romance Writers of America. See their site for the list, complete with book covers and author photos. Congratulations to all of the award recipients!

Young Adult Romance
Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Inspirational Romance
The Inheritance by Tamera Alexander

Novel with Strong Romantic Element
The Lost Recipe for Happiness by Barbara O’Neal

Romance Novella
The Christmas Promise by Molly O’Keefe

Contemporary Series Romance
A Not-So-Perfect Past by Beth Andrews

Contemporary Series Romance Suspense/Adventure
The Soldier’s Secret Daughter by Cindy Dees

Historical Romance
Not Quite a Husband by Sherry Thomas

Regency Historical Romance
What Happens in London by Julia Quinn

Paranormal Romance
Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole

Romantic Suspense
Whisper of Warning by Laura Griffin

Best First Book
One Scream Away by Kate Brady

Contemporary Single Title Romance
Too Good to Be True by Kristan Higgins

I had my first volunteer experience at Maya's school library on Friday. A "learning experience," I'd say. I need to move a little slower next time, maybe doing some shelf reading (when you check to see if the books on a shelf are in the correct order) as I shelve the books just returned to the library because they didn't really have enough for me to do. To the point that I think I (a) caused them stress and (b) had almost 25 minutes to sit in my car between when I completed everything they could find for me to do and when Maya's day ended.

I definitely don't want my presence to cause them more stress than help, and I think Maya will be devastated if they decide they don't want me to volunteer. This Friday is a new day, right?

Comments

sapphireblue said…
The bottom half of the dog is off of the bed. How funny!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures