This and That

We had Maya's school open house last night. I already like her first grade teacher, Mrs. C, who seems a lot like her kindergarten teacher--calm, efficient, and nice, yet firm. Probably exactly what Maya needs!

And I'm excited that I'm going to be volunteering at Maya's school's library Friday afternoons, beginning next week. I'll be shelving books and whatever else her librarian needs someone to do.

Remember Micaela at Dolce Vita's great idea of having her blog readers send mail to her brother while he's stationed overseas? Megan at Time after Tea is also requesting mail for her sister's significant other, just deployed with the Australian Navy.

And don't forget to check out Megan's Penpal Mailing List while you're there. There's even a listing from yours truly!

Also check out this posting from Melissa at Oh, My Darling if you're interested in finding some new pen pals. From the posting:

The basic lowdown is that I'll be creating penpal groups (about 5 people per group), and then you'll send letters to and receive letters from all of the people in that group. The signups have "rolling admissions," so to speak, so the earlier you sign up, the faster you'll get your penpals, and there isn't any distinct deadline for signups.

Comments

sapphireblue said…
Why would anyone want to write to you???....JUST KIDDING!! I love being your penpal. I'll check out that website. Sounds like fun.
Which reminds me I'm overdue on sending you a letter!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!