Kiss Me Forever by Rosemary Laurey


I came across a two-in-one digital download by an author I hadn't read before, one who happens to write romances about vampires. Oh, yeah; I'm in!

Kiss Me Forever by Rosemary Laurey (2010) didn't disappoint, and I'm looking forward to reading the second part of the download, Love Me Forever, too.

In Kiss Me Forever, Dixie LaPage is a regular Southerner, as in United States South, who just inherited a home in an English village from two great-aunts she never met. Two great-aunts that her grandma/their sister never talked about, other than to refer to them as "witches."

Promising start, right?

Throw in a smarmy attorney and his nephew, rumors of the house being haunted, a night prowler, and the gorgeous Christopher Marlowe, who just happens to be William Shakespeare's contemporary and a vampire, and you have a very fun read.

An example of the dialogue, which I particularly enjoy, from Kindle location 771-776:

[Christopher speaking to Dixie about the smarmy attorney] "You came with Cauleigh?"

"Yes, I did."

"You could always leave with me and set the village talking."

"Better not add any more to the gossip mill. I never realized how fascinating Americans are until I came here."

"There's not been much to talk about since your aunts died."

"Great-aunts."

They'd wandered from the table to the fireplace. Dixie leaned back against the stone but Christopher grabbed her upper arm. "Careful," he warned.

Dixie barely heard him, between goose bumps from the cool touch of his hand and shock at the pile of broken glass she'd almost impaled her elbow on. "What ratbrain left that there?"

"Guilty," he replied. "I hoped to hide the destruction. It could get me blacklisted from the dinner party circuit."


Laurey does well at creating a small town, a spunky heroine, and a charming hero. I enjoyed the quick, fun read.

You can read more at the author's site here.

My overall presonal rating of Kiss Me Forever is a B.

Comments

Gracie said…
Sounds great :) Ah I love books and reading.

Thanks for joining my swap! I have a few other bookworms I could partner you up with :)
I'm so excited about the swap! Thanks for hosting.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures