Hardly Knew Her by Laura Lippman


Laura Lippman's collection of short stories titled Hardly Knew Her (2008) is well-written, riveting, dark, and not for this reader.

I felt dragged under while reading this collection. Although I'll probably long remember at least a couple of the stories, I just didn't care for the way the very worst came out in every single story's main character due to life circumstances and personal choices.

I really struggled to read all the way through the collection, and I'm now wondering why I worked so hard to keep reading. I certainly didn't do myself any favors or learn any valuable information or life lesson as a result of my forced reading.

I walked away with, completely twisting the original Anne Frank quote, the thought that every person is essentially evil and self-absorbed at heart. Ugh.

Learn more at the author's site here.

My overall personal rating of Hardly Knew Her is a C+.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!