Letters to Juliet

I had a banner weekend last weekend since I had the chance to see two movies, including Letters to Juliet, which I saw with my daughter Maya, who had seen the movie previously with her grandma.

You pretty much have the idea of the movie if you've seen even one preview or trailer. Amanda Seyfried, currently seen everyone it seems, answers a letter seeking love advice written fifty years ago and left at Juliet's wall in Verona. The result is the ever-wonderful Vanessa Redgrave traveling to Italy with her grandson to find her lost love, Redgrave's real life husband Franco Nero (yum!).

Sweet, light movie. No suprises and nothing very grand to remember for the longterm, but a pleasant way to spend a little time on a weekend afternoon. Maya, however, declared the movie to be "the best movie I've ever seen in my whole life." Her whole almost six years of life!

If you've seen the movie, what did you think? If not, do you plan to go to the theater, see the movie on DVD, or skip it entirely?

Comments

StephanieD said…
Completely predictable and very light - I agree. But, and I will only confess this to you, I cried during the movie. I don't really know why since it wasn't sad but the scenes with Vanessa Redgrave - oh my - really tugged at my heart. Maya is cute - the best movie of her whole six years, my goodness!
WEB SHERIFF said…
WEB SHERIFF
Who You Gonna Call
Tel 44-(0)208-323 8013
Fax 44-(0)208 323 8080
websheriff@websheriff.com
www.websheriff.com

Hi Medical Librarian,

On behalf of Summit Entertainment, many thanks for plugging "Letters to Juliet" ... .. thanks also, on behalf of the distributors and producers, for not posting any pirate copies or non-trailer clips of "Letters to Juliet" and, if you / your readers want good quality, non-pirated, previews, then the official trailer is available for fans and bloggers to post / host / share etc at http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/summit/letterstojuliet/ ... .. for further details of on-line promotions for this movie, check-out www.letterstojuliet-movie.com/ and, for info on Summit releases generally, check-out the official site and YouTube channel at www.summit-ent.com and www.youtube.com/user/summitscreeningroom.

Thanks again for your plug.

Regards,

WEB SHERIFF
sapphireblue said…
That man is gorgeous. I had no idea he is her husband. I haven't seen it yet.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures