Say Anything



Quotes from 1989's Say Anything (John Cusack as Lloyd Dobler, Ione Skye as Diane Court), one of my all-time favorite movies.


(Dobler chatting with two of his close girl friends)
D.C.: "Lloyd, why do you have to be like this?"
Lloyd: "Cause I'm a guy. I have pride."
Corey: "You're not a guy."
Lloyd: "I am."
Corey: "No. The world is full of guys. Be a man. Don't be a guy."
*******************************************************************

Lloyd: "You probably got it all figured out, Corey. If you start out depressed everything's kind of a pleasant surprise.'
******************************************************************

Lloyd: Why can't you be in a good mood? How hard is it to decide to be in a good mood and be in a good mood once in a while?"
Constance (Lloyd's older sister/single mom): "Gee, it's easy."
******************************************************************

(on choosing a career)
Lloyd: "How many of them really know what they want, though? I mean, a lot of them think they have to know, right? But inside they don't really know, so. . . . I don't know, but I know that I don't know."
*******************************************************************

Lloyd: "I got a question. If you guys know so much about women, how come you're here at like the Gas 'n' Sip on a Saturday night completely alone drinking beers with no women anywhere?"
Joe: "By choice, man."
********************************************************************

Diane: "Nobody thinks it will work, do they?"
Lloyd: "No. You just described every great success story."

Comments

StephanieD said…
I LOVE this movie! John Cusack will always be Lloyd Dobler to me. My favorite line has to do with what he doesn't want to do for a living - which I can never get right. "I don't want to buy, anything, sell anything, or process anything. I don't want to buy anything sold or processed, sell anything bought or processed, or process anything bought or sold..." Or something like that.
I love that line, too, but decided to stick with only one career-oriented quote. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!