Enslave: The Taming of the Beast by Cathy Yardley



Enslave: the Taming of the Beast by Cathy Yardley (2009) is another erotic variation on the beauty and the beast tale.

Nadia Bessonova, youngest of three daughters of an immigrant car thief, offers herself to Dominic Luder when he arrives at the family home to recover his outrageously expensive stolen car. Luder, once involved with the Mafia, lives as a recluse and carries the scars from one attempt on his life.

Although more than a little troubling in terms of the Bessonova family dynamic, I can certainly see the attraction between Nadia and Dominic. The side story about Nadia's sister Jelena is where even more of the erotic sex comes into play.

Overall, the sex scenes are well-done, yet I'm not completely buying the family/story line. There's no reason for the loyalty the daughters display to their father, unlike in usual versions of the tale. Not that this came out in the book, but I kept expecting to learn that the father actually molested one or more of the daughters. Yes, he's that "great" of a guy.

You can learn more at the author site here.

My overall personal rating of Enslave: The Taming of the Beast is a B-.

Comments

StephanieD said…
Beauty and the Beast is my favorite fairy tale - but I've never read an erotic version of it. Should this be **my first**?
No, I really wouldn't bother.

Probably my favorite retelling of the story, though I've also seen it described as also like Phantom of the Opera, is an older book--Night Magic by Charlotte Vale Allen. That's the one I'd recommend you read instead--though it's not graphically erotic.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures