Justified



That's okay; I'll wait a minute while you take another look at that photo. Timothy Olyphant's worth a second or third look. Eyes with a hint of laughter, slow-to-build smile, nice body--um, yeah, he's worth a fourth look, too.

Did anyone else catch the first episode of his new show, Justified, on FX? The show airs at 9 p.m. CST on Tuesdays, but I caught the first episode during a rerun at 10 p.m. CST on Friday.

Olyphant plays Federal Marshal Raylan Givens, sent from Miami back to Eastern Kentucky for killing one too many suspects. Going home is never easy, right? He faces an ex-wife, a boyhood friend who is now a white supremacist, and a woman recently widowed when she killed her own husband--and who still has a teenage crush on Givens. And, of course, he also has to face himself, "the angriest man I've ever known," according to his ex-wife. Hiding from yourself is more difficult when you're around people who know you well.

Oh, yes, Olyphant as Givens is Too Cool, sexy, and worth watching.

My only complaint? (Yes, I think I always have at least one or two.) They had to nail both the white trash, neo-Nazi stereotype and the black religious leader using the "church" as a cover for dealing and using marijuana stereotype in this first episode. I'm not sure Eastern Kentuckyites should be too happy.

If you've seen the show, what do you think? And do you plan to keep watching?

Comments

StephanieD said…
I'll take your fourth look and raise you to five - he's adorable!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!