Don't You Forget About Me by Jancee Dunn



I bought Don't You Forget About Me by Jancee Dunn (2008) on a bit of a nostalgia kick because the heroine, Lillian Curtis, is exactly my age and on her way to the Class of 1988's twentieth-year reunion. And maybe I made the mistake of hoping Lillian would be, if not me, exactly, at least someone I could like.

Nope, Lillian's pretty self-absorbed and seemingly oblivious to how many people she hurt during high school. Her memories of that period are actually miraculously rosy and not quite accurate.

Now a television producer, she heads home to her parents' house when her personal life crumbles, conveniently coinciding with the class reunion. What's she going to learn about herself--past, present, and future--from her former classmates, including her senior year boyfriend, single and still hot?

Lillian does grow and change, whether she actually wants to or not, and I did enjoy her older sister and her boss, Vi, a seventy-four-year-old with fantastic advice, charisma, and brains. Where's the book focused on Vi? That's the book I want to read.

I also enjoyed some of the references to Rick Springfield, cruising, etc., but there weren't as many of those as I expected.

You can learn more about the author and her other books at her blog here.

My overall personal rating of Don't You Forget About Me is a C+.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!