Price of Desire by Leda Swann



I wanted to like Price of Desire by Leda Swann (2007) because I liked the heroine, but I just couldn't get my mind around the hero. And, when I can't see the appeal of the hero, I usually don't like the book.

After the financial ruin and suicide of her father, Caroline Clemens finds herself responsible for her four younger siblings. Abandoned by her fiance, who now thinks he can have her for just a mistress, Caroline decides death might be the only option for herself and the other children. Before taking that route and dying a virgin, she wants one night of passion.

After an interlude with a woman he believes is a young widow, having mistaken Caroline's loss as being her husband instead of her father, Dominic Savage can't get the woman out of his mind. When he learns the fate of Caroline and her siblings, which isn't death and is likely worse, he sees his chance to make her his mistress.

And there's my problem. Maybe Dominic wasn't quite noble enough for me. I'm not entirely sure. I just know I couldn't get past not liking him.

Price of Desire
is one of a connected set of stories, including my recently reviewed Temptation about Caroline's sister Beatrice and my earlier reviewed Captive about their sister Louisa.

To learn more about the writing duo Leda Swann, visit their site here.

My overall personal rating of Price of Desire is a C.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!