This and That

Mystery/suspense author Robert B. Parker died. Although I haven't read any of his books, I enjoyed the 1980s t.v. series "Spenser: For Hire," based on his Spenser Series. Quite a prolific author, the next in his Jesse Stone series is due for release next month. My deepest sympathy to his family and friends and, in a different way, to his numerous fans.

Several children's book award winners announced recently, including When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead for the Newberry Award and The Lion and the Mouse by Jerry Pinkney for the Caldecott Medal. You can find a comprehensive list of the winners and honor books at Barnes & Noble here.

I must be in a reading funk right now. I started, and quickly abandoned, both Covet by J.R. Ward and A Fine Specimen by Lisa Marie Rice. I won't be going back to Covet, ever, but Rice is one of my favorite authors. I'll be trying A Fine Specimen when I'm in a better frame of mind--less cranky and not quite so focused on the errors a good editor and a good proofreader would have caught.

I know--no one proofs books any longer, and I can tell!!

Anyone read either Covet or A Fine Specimen and have any thoughts to share?

I'm almost done with the first draft of my Harlequin-style book I'm writing. I picked a new title, too-Desert Interlude. I'm going to be a bit short of the 50,000-word minimum I set for my goal. Close, though, and ready to get moving on the second, longer draft right away.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!