This and That

I heard back from the agent on Friday, and he requested my full manuscript after reading the first thirty pages. One more tiny step forward, aka rejection avoided for a little longer. LOL. Seriously, I'm really excited, and I'll let you know when I hear from him again, good or bad news.

In the meantime, I'm done with the first three chapters of my third book. This is more of a Harlequin Presents type of book; definitely not YA like the book I submitted to the agent. Of my three books, I think this one is the best in terms of the first three chapters of all of the books. So I'm improving with practice, I think, which is definitely a goal.

Yes, this is the time of year for lists, lists, and more lists--and I love lists, whether about books and reading or something entirely different.

If you're a romance fan, like I am, check out the Romance Writers of America's 2009 RITA and Golden Heart Award Winners list if you haven't already done so. If I ever find myself part of said list at some distant point in the future, I'll know I've truly "made it."

Booklist Online has The Reading List: Best Adult Genre Fiction 2009.
The shortlist books are just as interesting as the titles selected, too, and you could find plenty of books to keep you busy for the start of 2010.

Check out New York Public Library's list Children's Books 2009--100 Titles for Reading and Sharing. A great list to consult if you're buying gifts for a child or gifts for a school library, shelter, etc. There are lots of places to donate good books to reach children who may not have a loved one able to provide them with books. And I truly believe, now as much as ever, that a child who loves to read is armed for success in school and beyond. Yes, you can call me a library nerd, but that's what I truly think.

Comments

StephanieD said…
That's very encouraging - how fast that agent wanted a full! I hope that the good news keeps coming your way :)
From reading his blog, I think he's very aware of how hard waiting is for authors, and I think he works to be compassionate on his turn-around times.

That compassion is one reason I picked him for my first query--he really doesn't seem the sort to go out of his way to be nasty with rejections.

Thank you for the well wishes!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!