Seduce the Darkness by Gena Showalter


I wanted to like Seduce the Darkness (2009) from Gena Showalter's Alien Huntress series.

Bride McKells is a vampire, separated from her own kind, and living among the humans and otherworlders who are at war on Earth. She's actually much more than a regular vampire, though she doesn't know that yet.

Along comes Devyn, King of the Targons and working with the AIR, Alien Investigation and Removal. And a man scarred by his father and his forced first marriage, and left to only find his solace by sleeping with every woman he happens across.

Gag.

Seriously, I'm suppposed to want Bride, who I actually liked, to be with a guy who hasn't met a woman he didn't sleep with and then abandon? A man who actually hopes to find a Rakan, the golden-skinned, honey-scented race, because he hasn't "had" one before? "Hey, I want to [insert less polite phrase for having sex] someone who is [insert a particular race/ethnicity/nationality/religion/etc.] to complete my collection!" Nope, not ever going to appeal to me, in real life or as a romance novel hero.

So, if you can get past the sleazy hero, one I would never trust in Bride's position, the world created by Showalter is interesting. I just couldn't. On to my next Alien Huntress selection.

You can learn more about the Alien Huntress series on this section of the author's site.

My overall personal rating of Seduce the Darkness is a C+.`

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures