Deep Kiss of Winter, Gena Showalter Part


Again, I assumed Gena Showalter's contribution to the Deep Kiss of Winter (2009) would be part of her fantastic Lords of the Underworld series. Honestly, my initial hope was Kresley Cole's Nix + Showalter's Torrin = paranormal romance fantasy couple.

Instead, I had a glimpse into Showalter's Alien Huntress Series, something I hadn't read before. And I never would have knowingly read something from that particular line before because the futuristic science fiction branch of romance isn't one I generally appreciate. Now I'm an Alien Huntress Series fan!

Aleah Love can literally transform herself into appearing to be anyone else. Right now, she's an AIR (Alien Investigation and Removal agent) about to be captured by Breean, a golden-skinned, you guessed it, alien commander. One who will accept Aleah as she is, assuming she can return the favor.

There's the most unusual sex scene I ever remember reading due to the particular capabilities of Breean, and how interesting to think that the scent he releases when aroused is a combination of honey, sugar, and cinnamon. Sex while enjoying the scent of cinnamon rolls? Yeah, I can see the appeal.

My one complaint is that this is more a novella than a book, and I wanted more!!

Learn more at the author's site here.

My overall personal rating of Gena Showalter's section of Deep Kiss of Winter is also a B.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures