Christmas Break

I'm taking a break from blogging for my four-day Christmas weekend. I'll post again on Monday.

In the meantime, I wish for those of you who celebrate Christmas a wonderful, safe holiday weekend with your family and friends. For those of you who don't celebrate Christmas, have a fantastic weekend!

Since I love quotations and lists, I leave you with the following words of wisdom for your reading enjoyment:

"You want weapons? We're in a library. Books! Best weapons in the world! This room's the greatest arsenal we could have. Arm yourself." ~~Doctor Who

"What do we live for, if not to make life less difficult for each other?" ~~George Eliot

"Believe me: the secret of reaping the greatest fruitfulness and the greatest enjoyment from life is to live dangerously!" ~~Friedrich Nietzsche

"All glory comes from daring to begin." ~~Eugene F. Ware

"The reward for conformity was that everyone liked you except yourself." ~~Rita Mae Brown.

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do." ~~Mark Twain

"Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you." ~~William Arthur Ward

"Use what talents you possess. The woods would be very silent if no birds sang except those that sang best." ~~Henry Van Dyke

"Growth begins when we start to accept our own weaknesses." ~~Jean Vanier

"Nobody minds having what is too good for them." ~~Jane Austen

"Those who have achieved all their aims have probably set them too low." ~~Herbert von Karajan

"Happiness is reflective, like the light of heaven." ~~Washington Irving

Comments

StephanieD said…
Merry Christmas!

Great quotes. I especially love the one by Rita Mae Brown. Nonconformists rule!
J. Kaye said…
Happy Holidays! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!