Most Romantic Hero?

Who is your favorite romantic hero from a novel? I've always liked Mr. Darcy (who doesn't, right?), but I'm also rather fond of Wrath and Phury from J.R. Ward's novels.

Mills & Boon, part of Harlequin Enterprises, ran a survey of their British readers. You can see the coverage of the survey from the Telegraph here.

The title of the article is Romantic Heroes: Here's to You, Mr. Rochester. Yup, Rochester won. Interesting. I think Harlequin needs to run an American survey because I don't think he would win here. What do you think?

Here's the top five (and, yes, I admit that I don't even know who number two is!!):

1. Mr. Rochester from Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte

2. Richard Sharpe of the Sharpe series by Richard Cornwell

3. Fitzwilliam Darcy from Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen

4. Heathcliff from Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte

5. Rhett Butler from Gone with the Wind by Margaret Mitchell

Comments

StephanieD said…
Rhett Butler, hands down. Mr. Darcy is a close second.
Violet said…
Darcy first and Rhett Butler anytime. I don't find Rochester romantic.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures