September 11

If you're interested in learning more about the events of 9/11/2001, try The September 11 Digital Archive.

From the site: "The September 11 Digital Archive uses electronic media to collect, preserve, and present the history of September 11, 2001 and its aftermath. The Archive contains more than 150,000 digital items, a tally that includes more than 40,000 emails and other electronic communications, more than 40,000 first-hand stories, and more than 15,000 digital images. In September 2003, the Library of Congress accepted the Archive into its collections, an event that both ensured the Archive's long-term preservation and marked the library's first major digital acquisition."

There's also the National September 11 Memorial & Museum at the World Trade Center site here.

Iraq War Veterans, Inc. is an excellent resource for American troops currently serving overseas and their families.

Another new-to-me blog is Days of My Life from a blogger in Iraq with the nickname Sunshine.

Sunshine's About Me section: "I was born in 29/1/1992 , I grow up among well educated family. My school is far away from my home & the way to it is dangerous , so every day considered as a challenge. I have many dreams & ambitions, I wish that one day they become true . I want to be an engineer or a pharmacist in the future , my mom always support me to accomplish my ambitions … optimism is my strategy always… Computer & internet are my life & what I do in my spare time , But if we don’t have electricity, I spend my spare time reading , writing, listening to music ,& doing some handmade work … I found that Blogging is a great way to express my thoughts , opinions, & feelings to the world ,to get friends & to share them my happy & sad moments…."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Happy Birthday to ME!