A Book a Day Blog

A Book a Day: Adventures of a Compulsive Reader from Angie is one of my favorite new-to-me blogs.

Here's the blog's About the Book a Day Project section:

"I decided to start this blog because I have more spare time than anyone I know and I need to stop using so much of that time watching Dallas reruns. So starting on January 1, 2009, I began reading a book a day for the entire year and writing about it here.

So please join me for a fun, light hearted, interesting (I hope) journey through my year of compulsive, indiscriminate reading."

Besides her writing style, which is entertaining and includes lots of personal information in addition to her book reviews, Angie covers a nice range of books in her selections. Books read in just August include The Castaways by Elin Hilderbrand, Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence, The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie by Muriel Park, and Wifework: What Marriage Really Means for Women by Susan Maushart.

I'm hoping Angie continues to blog well past the end of 2009, even if she doesn't continue to read a book a day beyond this year. That's a huge commitment, especially since she made the personal vow to read a book every day, regardless of what else is happening in her life. Here is a cute entry from her vacation with a book covering her face in every photo.

Happy blogging and reading blogs!

Comments

Angie said…
Thank you so much for mentioning my blog on your blog (I've already had someone stop by my blog because of your post.) I'm so glad to hear that you are enjoying my blog and are hoping that it will continue. The plans are already in place to continue the blog after this year is up - although I'm not yet sure how many books I will be reading each week.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures