9 Books on My Kindle--A Shortened Thursday Thirteen


Jennifer Johnson Is Sick of Being Single--Heather McElhatton . Saw this reviewed on someone else's blog and thought it looked fun.

Fugitive Pieces: A Novel--Anne Michaels. I really, really wanted to like this book because it's Holocaust/Shoah-related, but, at 20% finished, I'm just not finding my groove with this one. I can tell that she's a poet because she has some gorgeous passages in the book; I'm just not seeing much of a focused storyline or character development. I'll probably keep reading because I want to know if the boy's sister actually survived the Holocaust; he saw his parents' dead when he was seven, but not his older sister.

Let the Right One In: A Novel--John Ajvide Lindqvist (Author), Ebba Segerberg (Translator). The book the recent vampire movie is based on. Looks dark and promising.

The Neighbor--Lisa Gardner. Mystery. A woman disappears, leaving her four-year-old daughter as the only witness. Is the husband/father the guilty one?

Life's That Way--Jim Beaver. Autobiography. A collection of e-mails sent during the year between his wife's diagnosis with lung cancer and her death.
Fairy Tale--Cyn Balog. YA Book Read and soon to give my review.

The Story Sisters: A Novel-- Alice Hoffman. Kind of interested in reading this one after the critical review controversy; kind of afraid this is going to be one of Hoffman's books that I don't like after reading said review.
Heart and Soul--Maeve Binchy. I'm a huge Maeve Binchy fan, so I was thrilled when one of her books was chosen for Oprah's club. Maybe my Irish blood is calling for "home" when I read Binchy's books and short stories. I'm saving this one for when I definitely have a chance to read the story straight through.
The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns--Elizabeth Leiknes. This one is getting a lot of press from the book bloggers. Seems like an interesting take on the paranormal romance genre.

Comments

Alice Audrey said…
Looks like Kindle has more going for it than I realized.
CountryDew said…
I want a kindle but haven't had the cash to get one. Maybe for Christmas. I can't see it replacing books but...
Brenda ND said…
I like Lisa Gardner but I haven't read "The Neighbor" yet. "Let the Right One In" sounds intriguing too. Happy TT!
violetcrush said…
Lovely books. Although I would love to read all I am especially inclined towards Fairy Tale :)

I just bought an Alice Hoffman book, never read anything by her before. Local girls. Have you read it?
Mimi Lenox said…
I've noticed that you play a few other memes in the blogosphere. I really enjoy your answers! I'd like to invite you to play The Queen's Meme every Tuesday with Mimi Queen of Memes.
The fun begins next week on July 14, 2009.
The Queen's Meme

I hope you will join us!
Mimi Lenox

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures