Kindle Love

To say that I'm absolutely loving my Kindle isn't going far enough. I'm wondering why I waited so long to buy one. The price was the problem, of course, but you get the point.

I'm thrilled with the immediate gratification of using one-click ordering in Amazon to have a book downloaded virtually instantly. I like the fact that the Kindle is flat, meaning I can actually read while working on a mailing or something else repetitive at work. There are also some books available to download at no charge. How can you beat free?

Surprisingly, I'm not really missing having a book to hold in my hands. I really thought I would miss that sensation, and maybe I would if I had more time to sit in a bathtub to read. That's one of my favorite little pleasures, and I know I won't be taking a Kindle near water with my personal level of clumsiness.

I know my husband isn't going to be sad to have fewer actual books cluttering our house, either, and deleting a Kindle book is so much easier than finding a new home for a physical book.

If there's a negative to the Kindle, I haven't found it yet. Has anyone else?

Here's what I currently have on my Kindle:

Revenge of the Middle-Aged Woman by Elizabeth Buchan

The Book of Luke by Jenny O'Connell (YA title)

Black Eagle by Gen Bailey

Seducing Jane Porter by Dominique Adair (One of the free titles!)

The Sinful Life of Lucy Burns by Elizabeth Leiknes (I've read some good reviews on other blogs, but I wouldn't have paid the hardcover price.)

Going Too Far by Jennifer Echols (YA title)

Look for my reviews of all of these titles on this blog soon!

Comments

My only negative so far is I can't read in the bath.Also my "page back" button doesn't work but I waited so long there is no way I am sending it back.Other than that I agree with you that I have no idea how I ever lived without it.One more thing,I am getting a bit tired with people asking me what it is and having to explain while I should be reading(lol)
That's so disappointing about your "page back" button. That would be frustrating to me, especially with the cost of the Kindle. Sorry!

I'll have to try reading in public and see if people ask me, too. Pesky people! :)

Happy Kindle reading.

Popular posts from this blog

Current Little Pleasures

Current Little Pleasures